[GEM Development] GEMini - a GUI file commander for FreeDOS

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 00:18:08 PDT 2003

: Hm.  Well, I downloaded John's desktop, his Pacific C resource construction
: set, Pacific C, and I put them all on one place.  I opened the Desktop PRJ
: file, and I thought to myself...hm...let's see if it compiles.  Errors.
: Does it make?  Errors.  Argh.  Sobs.  So begins the darkness.

Firstly: You need to copy the files from the BIN, LIB and INCLUDE
        directories of the programmer's toolkit into the eponymous Pacific C
        directories.

Secondly: Unpack the Desktop somewhere else. Load Pacific C and open the
         Desktop (or DesktopL) project.

Thirdly: From the Make menu, select Output File Name. This will be the
         full path as it is on my machine, and you need to change it to
         the full path on yours.

Finally: Select Make (or press F5) and it should build!

: > A quick look through various files shows a limit of 400 FNODEs, which
: > represent files, so that might be it.
:
: The most files I have in one place is 393, so perhaps John's desktop suffers
: from the same limitation.  It's impossible for me to say.  John?

  My headers have the same #define NUM_FNODES 400, so yes. I've checked
on my /usr/lib directory - that has 809 items in it, but DESKTOP only
shows 400.

------------- http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/index.html --------------------
John Elliott           |BLOODNOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"