John's desktop not building? Was: Re: [GEM Development] GEMini - aGUI file commander for FreeDOS

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 16:18:22 PDT 2003

> The resource construction set?  I think you need the Programmer's Toolkit
> instead, but it's probably better that you don't dive in at the deep end
:)

Sorry.  I meant the toolkit.  I had just been using the Resource
Construction Set, and my brain got muddled.

> Well, I downloaded the source and opened DESKTOP.PRJ in Pacific, made my
> changes, compiled and the resulting binary didn't work properly.
> The (fresh!) downloads I'm using for this are:
> http://www.seasip.info/Gem/Software/ppddesk3.zip
> http://www.seasip.info/Gem/Software/ppd_gdk.zip
> http://www.htsoft.com/files/pacific/pacific.exe
> John, any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Probably something stupid I've done
> Pacific, since I'm far more used to the HC/RASM86/LINK86 the DRI source
> uses.

I asked it to compile and link (from exactly the same sets of files you are
using), and I just got errors.  I asked it to make and I got errors too.
But then I have no idea what I am doing, so it's not surprising.

Regards

Shane