[GEM Development] GEMini - a GUI file commander for FreeDOS

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:09:48 PDT 2003

> Hmm, easy enough to remove that option entirely (nicer for the user) or
wire
> it up to a 'GEMini does not support GEM Output' dialog box (easier to
> code)...  For the first, edit DESKTOP.RSC and delete the menu item, then
> remove any code referring to OUTPITEM in the Desktop source.  For the
> second, remove the body of the case OUTPITEM: clause in DESKTOP.C's
> do_filemenu() function and replace it with a form_alert call...  Maybe
I'll
> do that later if you want, five minute job assuming I can find five
minutes!

Hm...well, I have just put a little note on the DESKTOP.RSC "To Output"
option that the Output is unavialable.  If you have time to remove it would
be great.  Perhaps I should open the desktop (after downloading Pacific C)
and try it myself.  I confess I am scared though.

> BTW, on my copy of GEMini I removed the '#G08FF *.APP@ @' line from
> DESKTOP.INF -- that stops the Desktop from launching GEM applications,
which
> might be a good thing for a cut-down version (think ViewMAX) without
Output
> and fonts etc.  Then again, it might be a bad thing.

Well, I don't want to do that BECAUSE...I have an idea to make little
add-ons for this mini distro, so you can add text editing, HTML viewing, and
GDS script.  If people start downloading the distro I'll pile this stuff in
as add-on packages (seperate downloads).

Regards

Shane