[GEM Development] GEMini - a GUI file commander for FreeDOS

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 14:38:13 PDT 2003

> I did leave output because I had a problem with it remaining on the
desktop
> menu and failing to start if people called it.

Hmm, easy enough to remove that option entirely (nicer for the user) or wire
it up to a 'GEMini does not support GEM Output' dialog box (easier to
code)...  For the first, edit DESKTOP.RSC and delete the menu item, then
remove any code referring to OUTPITEM in the Desktop source.  For the
second, remove the body of the case OUTPITEM: clause in DESKTOP.C's
do_filemenu() function and replace it with a form_alert call...  Maybe I'll
do that later if you want, five minute job assuming I can find five minutes!

BTW, on my copy of GEMini I removed the '#G08FF *.APP@ @' line from
DESKTOP.INF -- that stops the Desktop from launching GEM applications, which
might be a good thing for a cut-down version (think ViewMAX) without Output
and fonts etc.  Then again, it might be a bad thing.

> I tried the link for your distro, but it failed.  Are you sure of the URL?

Hmm, that's odd.  I FTPed the file out of the web space ealier because I
couldn't remember the filename, mind you.  Fiddling about yields
http://www.deltasoft.com/~deltasoft/downloads/qfgdist.zip which does work.

Any ideas, Gene?

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.