[simpits-tech] Flight Link Cyclic issue....need some help

MARK COLLINS mgcollins at comcast.net
Wed Apr 3 17:49:07 PDT 2019

So....good news bad news.

I figured out how to do what you suggested.  I set the multi-meter on resistance at 200k.  On the Roll pot I got readings from both terminals.  On the Pitch pot, I got nothing.  (Well, I turned the multi-meter all the way up to 200m and on that setting, the numbers started out at about 50 and with me doing nothing climbed up and then showed zero).  I'm assuming that means there is infinite resistance on the pot and it's done...

I tested continuity of all the wires from the Pitch pot and they are all good, so I know it's not an issue with the pot wiring.

I've gotten the unit somewhat disassembled, but I think it's going to be hard going to get it back together.  I've stopped short of taking it apart any further but to get at the pitch pot, it will have to be fully disassembled.

I've taken pictures.  How would I get them to you?

Once you get the pictures, you'll see the pots.  they look very different from all other pots I've seen.  Likely because this is a more professional piece of equipment, so I'm going to assume these are some type of industrial pot.

Thx again.