[simpits-tech] N1 & N2 Gauges

Jeroen Huijben jeroen_huijben at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 11:42:11 PDT 2017

I presume that you want to leave the gauges intact.

The simplest method would be a three legged H bridge consisting of a pair of FETs per phase.

Then the microcontroller would cycle each phase through high, low and off in the proper order and phase offset.

Then you would increase and decrease the rate with the engine RPM.

If that turns out to be too crude you could PWM a sine wave.

Then you use an opamp to buffer it, and then add a 120 degree phase shifter, second buffer, second phase shifter and third buffer.

If the gauge requires a lot of current you can add another amplifier to each phase's buffer..

Or use three PWM outputs and let the microcontroller deal with the phase offset.

Any idea on the gauges voltage and current requirements?

Vriendelijke groet,
Jeroen.