[simpits-tech] Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 142, Issue 2

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Aug 20 14:13:09 PDT 2015

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015, Justin Messenger wrote:

> So who here remembers Derek? He inspired a lot of cockpit projects with
> his Derek's Cockpit Links website then when he moved east he left simpit
> land forever. I was so excited when I got to meet him in person, all
> cockpit builders knew of him.

Derek Higgs!  He did the mil-spec font most of us use. :)

> I still miss Bob Marks making me laugh on a daily basis with his crazy
> jokes. I dont know of anyone else to put out a fire in their cockpit
> with beer, made possible because the beer holder in his cockpit was
> loaded.

Bob used to work at Scaled Composites. Talk about a fun job.  His simpit
shell was made from "scrap" carbon fiber.  Looked bad-ass.

> I still see posts from Rama on Facebook, his artwork still rocks.

He's a hell of a musician too!

> Who could have guessed back then that Gene would be a real F-15, and me
> an F-4?

Don't forget we've got a smattering of 737s and at least one guy with a
Sabreliner. :)