[simpits-tech] Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 142, Issue 2

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 13:54:51 PDT 2015

So who here remembers Derek? He inspired a lot of cockpit projects with his Derek's Cockpit Links website then when he moved east he left simpit land forever. I was so excited when I got to meet him in person, all cockpit builders knew of him.

I still miss Bob Marks making me laugh on a daily basis with his crazy jokes. I dont know of anyone else to put out a fire in their cockpit with beer, made possible because the beer holder in his cockpit was loaded.

Is anyone still here other than me who made it to the one and only Simpits Convention at the Air Force Museum? That was a blast!

I still see posts from Rama on Facebook, his artwork still rocks.

Who could have guessed back then that Gene would be a real F-15, and me an F-4?