[simpits-tech] FreeCAD

Brian Sikkema brian at sikkema.us
Wed Oct 1 07:58:29 PDT 2014

> It's pretty good for a free tool, but you might want to check out
> DesignSpark Mechanical.  They took SpaceClaim and stripped the export down
> to STL only and give it away in order to promote it for use with 3D
> printers.

I will check that out, too. Looks interesting at first glance, not sure
if it's quite what I'd want, though. From what little I've played with
it so far and the few videos I've watched, FreeCAD's parametric modeling
style looks very similar to what I'm used to from my prior engineering
CAD experience.

> An inexpensive option would be Cubify Design.
> http://cubify.com/Products/Design
One thing I've always hated about CAD... $200 is considered the
"inexpensive" option. lol

And yes, I've definitely planned on getting one of the Space controllers.

Brian