[simpits-tech] Another ebay cockpit project...

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sat Jul 12 15:08:46 PDT 2014

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 06:22:22 -0700 (PDT)
geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> Hehehe.
>
> Here's a project a friend of mine will be working on soon.  It's
> currently living in front of my shop.
>
> It's about 16-18 feet long and I'd be astonished if it weighed 100lbs.
>
> http://www.geneb.org/images/jet-ranger.jpg
>
> It got dunked in the Gulf of Mexico in 1984.  You can look up the
> accident report on the NTSB website using the tail number (N2276Q)
>
> g.

Car guys have dead cars in front of their shops, boat guys have dead
boats, carpenters have old furniture bits and scraps, flight sim nuts
have dead airplane/helicopter bits......I wonder what veterinarians
have? 8=O

Wow, got the complete fuselage...well, the main structure anyway. One
of these days I would love to build a heli sim. Too bad that one is
stripped to the bone...that's a lot of glass to replace. Is he going to
try to source real 206 parts? I always thought the 206 would be a cool
heli to simulate. A Eurocopter would be nice as well. I only personally
know of one heli sim currently being actively developed, that's Cody's
Cobra, which is shaping up to be pretty awesome.

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real:
Sabreliner 60 Flight Simulator