[simpits-tech] SFS is done!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Apr 8 08:24:48 PDT 2014

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Matt Bailey wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 16:40:10 -0700 (PDT)
> geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.f15sim.com/?p=323
>>
>> g.
>>

> Gorgeous! Nice work!

Thanks!  I've also got the connectors to restore the SFS cable to its
original state.  That's gonna look neat. :)

> I just noticed something....there's a tiny gauge in this pic, on the
> instrument panel and right above the right console, is it a trim
> indicator?

That's the Pitch Ratio indicator.  It shows the ratio of symmetrical
stabilator motion to longitudinal stick motion.  The flight computer knows
how fast the jet is going and how high it is, so it adjusts the amount of
travel on the pitch axis based on your altitude and airspeed.  For slow
speeds, it's pretty much 1:1.  At high speed, it's near zero.  If you jerk
back on the stick when you're going really fast, this will prevent you
from a) killing yourself with the insane G load that would result and b)
tearing the wings off the jet with the insane G load that would result. :)