[simpits-tech] New panels...FINALLY!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Sep 23 06:31:01 PDT 2013

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013, Matt Bailey wrote:

> Those look NICE Gene, especially the one on the left. The F-15 market
> may be small, but I bet if you did some Boeing or Airbus panels, you'd
> have more work than you can keep up with....seems like everyone
> wants a "heavy". :)

Thanks Matt.

> I suppose it's quite a bit of labor to design a different panel, so it
> would not be practical to take requests for specific aircraft?

I've got the artwork generation process down pretty solid, so doing
one-off panels isn't that big of a deal.  It can get sticky if the
edge-lit panel needs to fit a "real" or not-built-by-me chassis.  In that
case, I'd just have the customer ship me the chassis to ensure that what I
make will fit.  If that's not practical for whatever reason, I can show
them how to pull dimensions from the chassis and then I can send them a
laser cut cardstock template that they can try to fit.  Rinse/repeat until
it fits perfectly, then it's off to the races. :)