[simpits-tech] If I were an A&P with about $30k to blow.....

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sat Oct 26 19:45:15 PDT 2013

Someone should get this thing and fly it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221304377690

I see projects pop up like this now and then (in fact this plane has
been posted on ebay a couple times now), sure would be nice to have
some extra $$$ and an A&P+IA cert so I could build myself a little
family hauler.

Doing your own work, it would probably take $30k or so for
engines/props and some basic ebay radios (again, if you have the
training/certs, you can sign off untagged radios after a proper
inspection yourself). Not bad for a 150+kts 6 seater retractable-gear
twin with fresh paint and interior.

Ooorrrr, an enterprising mechanic could buy timed-out engines for
cheap, do the overhauls himself, and possibly cut the engine costs in
half. You could have a flyable plane for less than a new mid-level
sedan!

Matt