[simpits-tech] JFK Air Force One replica

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Oct 25 12:29:55 PDT 2013

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Justin Messenger wrote:

> Well Gene, we wouldnt know about that as we had neither. The secret was
> many hours of Steve's elbow greese. Steve had to prep and paint it
> himself, outside in the wind.
Jeeze!  Come over here and paint mine then! *laughs*  I can't paint to
save my life. :(

>   A paint shop would have been most welcome.  As would a stick and
> rudder donation :) Steve just said he would trade you his spare radome
> for a stick and rudder.
Ha!  I just bet.  Unfortunately, I don't have any spares like that.  I did
just send off my most precious, Post-MSIP-II grip for a little TLC to a
trusted friend.  The gun switch was DOA and it's not something I was
comfortable tackling, especially considering its rarity. :(

> FYI Gene, your replica F-15 panels look great! Of course the problem we
> have is placing them in the cockpit with old original panels that end up
> looking looking really nasty next to your new panels. We will have to
> trash yours so they match :)   Justin

I'm glad you like them.  The two-color nav panel is kind of embarassing.
I don't have my two-color process down yet and I really screwed the pooch
on over-engraving the blocks.  My second attempt was even worse, so you
got the best of the four I made.