[simpits-tech] flightsim.com forum...

Ray raysot at comcast.net
Tue Oct 1 23:25:38 PDT 2013

On 10/1/13 9:19 PM, Matt Bailey wrote:
> Curious, what "regional type" sim do you have now?
I went to a KingAir 350 Hybrid aircraft. My first major project was a
777 and she was gorgeous. After 10 years of chasing EPICUSB bugs and my
own programming bugs I grew tired of it all. I also found myself hopping
from KSEA to KPAE (A 10 minute flight in a 777) for test flight after
test flight and thought "Well, this is rather boring"

So, I built an F16 using various hardware interfaces. Huge mistake on my
part. I was done with programming and sold that pit off.

Funny story... The one thing I wasn't able to sell off was the ejection
seat I had modeled near perfectly from plans. She had real seat pads,
and from about 20 feet, it was indistinguishable from the real thing. I
bit the bullet finally and put it out on the driveway with a sign that
said "free"

My wife said "No one will be even remotely interested in...." At which
time a gaggle of college kids drove by and one in particular was
practically drooling over himself because, in his mind, he had just
found the coolest....thing.... ever...

That to me was worth more than I could have ever sold it for. The kid
was beside himself with excitement over his lucky find. (It even had a
genuine O2 bottle!)

Fly on, young friend! (Hopefully that small donation earned me a few
Karma points...)

But now I'm fully embroiled in this KingAir thingy and it better suits
my flying. As others have commented on this thread.. I am more of a
builder than a flyer and between you and me, that breaks my heart. :-) I
am a flyer first, a builder a distant second.

That being said I can't wait until the KingAir comes out of storage so I
can build a full shell around it! ;-)

http://anthonyscott.zenfolio.com/b200/h57cca794#h57cca794