[simpits-tech] flightsim.com forum...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Oct 1 19:56:30 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, mgcollins at comcast.net wrote:

> Some are Trolls...some dickweeds...some decent guys. You probably did
> post in the wrong forum....They are typical of lot's of places I have
> been (unfortunately). I think the thing is spectacular and as you
> said...it puts something that you created (and did an unbelievably
> impressive job doing) completely out of business and makes it obsolete
> and yet, you're chomping at the bit to get it....you have nothing to
> apologize for (not that you were apologizing)...know this...the guys
> that will profit from what you said will be grateful...despite the
> trolls...

It just blows my mind the reaction I'm getting from there.  I just wanna
scream, "DON'T YOU IDIOTS REALIZE WHAT YOU'RE SEEING?!" and shake them
like a pork chop in a baggy of Shake-n-Bake.

The thought of building a full motion simulator with a castAR in mind has
me openly drooling at times. :D

> The one thing above all others (and there are many that I have been
> impressed with ) about your forum is how open and helpful it is...I
> don't think I have ever seen that type of bunghulio response in
> simpits...that's why I love this forum...everyone is happy to share
> knowledge with nubes and experienced folks alike....

Well to be fair, we've had our fair share of jerks and I've been one of
them at times, but it's been many years.  This list is pretty small -
somewhere around 220 or so members.  You figure that in February we passed
the 13 year mark for the mailing list.  The people that are here tend to
be the most hard core of the simpit builders.  We like newbies because it
gives us new ears to repeat the lies we've been telling around the
campfire for years. *laughs*  That being said, thanks for the kind words.
It's nice to know that people find the list useful.  I just wish I had
more time to dedicate to the website.