[simpits-tech] Who is using a Centipede shield to drive their LED's ?

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Nov 21 16:44:19 PST 2013

I am using the Centipede for inputs right now, and they are GREAT
little boards. If you are ordering now, I highly recommend getting a
few of them...you WILL want more. :) Seriously, I have noticed the stock
shows unavailable from time to time on the MacTech site. If/when they
stop making it, I will probably either have my own Centipedes made, or
just get some shift registers and come up with something similar.

I used a couple of these stacked on an Uno to read all the analog radios
(including the old-style dial ADF tuner) in a 737 cockpit. Works a
treat. :)

Gene, thanks for making your output board available to us, I will
probably be getting some built when I get into interfacing the
Sabreliner. Quick question: is there any reason you couldn't wire all
the Centipede outputs to transistors or FETs and have 64 high-load
outputs?

Matt