[simpits-tech] Who is using a Centipede shield to drive their LED's ?

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Thu Nov 21 16:01:35 PST 2013

On 21 November 2013 23:48, geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Roy Coates wrote:
>
> I don't know.  I'm not familiar with the "R" versions of the UNO - I just
> grabbed what was handy - I think the newer ones use a 16u8 for the HID
> interface uC, which is what you want.

Just realised I've got an Uno sitting on a shelf at work - will check that
out in the morning.

The Centipede is only $25 but the sods want another $25 for shipping -
that's crazy.

 It's all serial.  No need to waste extra money on the Ethernet interface.
> You can run an UNO at 250000bps with a zero percent error rate.

Yeah, I seem to recall you having great success with that. Suits me just
fine :)

You'll enjoy it.  Arduinos are neat little gadgets, that's for sure.

They look it. I love the way shields just add to the code-set. That's neat.

> You need to add a Raspberry Pi to your pile if you haven't already.

Got one right next to me at the moment. My uber-clever instrument code is
written in straight c and targetting OpenGL 2 and will run on Windows, OSX
and Linux. The plan is to run Linux on 3 pi's to provide the instrument
panels.  Cheap, small footprint, low power, little heat.  Space is precious
in a cockpit.

Thanks gene, think I might get my sister-in-law to ship me a few
Centipedes, I really begrudge paying as much for shipping as I am for the
item.

Time for bed here, catch you later.

Roy.