[simpits-tech] Who is using a Centipede shield to drive their LED's ?

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Nov 21 15:48:48 PST 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Roy Coates wrote:

> The Uno does seem to be the most common out there. Wtf is "sintron" though,
> I see that mentioned a lot - and should I be looking at the R3 UNO ?

I don't know.  I'm not familiar with the "R" versions of the UNO - I just
grabbed what was handy - I think the newer ones use a 16u8 for the HID
interface uC, which is what you want.

>> Here's the blog entry I made that includes the firmware for the Arduino
>> side and the Eagle files needed to make the high-power driver boards:
>>

> How are you planning to talk to the Arduino from the sim?  Ethernet shield
> or RS232?

It's all serial.  No need to waste extra money on the Ethernet interface.
You can run an UNO at 250000bps with a zero percent error rate.

> About to order a sweet UNO starter kit online now - excited about this :)

You'll enjoy it.  Arduinos are neat little gadgets, that's for sure.

You need to add a Raspberry Pi to your pile if you haven't already.