[simpits-tech] castAR cockpit demo...

mgcollins at comcast.net mgcollins at comcast.net
Thu Nov 14 11:56:59 PST 2013

Hey Gene,

I don't know if it's fair to ask this question of you, but I will...

Would the proposed technology work thus...

Get a pair of the castar glasses and simply set them up on your computer, and then either:

1. with the 1x2 meter screen setup as your video screen, start your computer, then FS 10 and basically fly! Possily with enough screen material to have a wrap around screen?  and I'm assuming that the glasses would act as full immersion, i.e. you wouldn't need to swtich views like you do with a joystick, but rather where you look is where you would see with the idea being that past a certain point, the view would shift to what we would call "the front"...(hope I 'm explaining what I 'm asking correctly.)

2. With the add'l pair of glasses fly with a number of monitors setup as your wrap around environement...(also just curious, what adavantage do you think the glasses would proivde if you use your own monitors as opposed to the magic screen?)

Thanks...and if you don't feel you can answer the questions...no worries...I know you're not tied into the company or anything...just wondering based on your understanding of the product.