[simpits-tech] Small VGA Screens ?

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Mar 25 07:47:41 PDT 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Roy Coates wrote:

> On 25 March 2013 13:25, geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
>

>> You could view this as an interesting opportunity.  It just so happens
>> that the Raspberry Pi has a composite output and you can buy two of them
>> for what a good vga->composite converter box would cost you...
>>
>> The composite signal quality on the RPi is VERY good.  I was quite
>> surprised when I saw it connected to a 32" LCD TV.
>>
>> It also supports OpenGL.
>>

> Funnily enough... I was planning on using a coupla Pi's for this project.
> Small, cheap, and peformance a-plenty for what I'm doing.

I'm eyeing them for things like PFDs and the like.  I've got one and
beyond making an enclosure for it, I just haven't had the time to work
with it.  I did notice the other day that they've got RiscOS available
for it for free now.

I've tried running OpenRJ on it, but it appears to use some OpenGL things
that aren't properly supported in PyGL for the RPi.