[simpits-tech] Spitfire grip...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Mar 10 15:16:31 PDT 2013

So I finally got my Rostock MAX calibrated and tuned in.  Figured I'd give
that Spitfire MkV grip another shot.

http://www.simpits.org/geneb/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/printed-spit-grip-1.jpg

http://www.simpits.org/geneb/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/printed-spit-grip-2.jpg

Did a great job!

The print job ran for 11 hours.  There's a couple of issues where the
printer couldn't handle the extreme overhang in spots, but other than that
it's just amazing.

I also printed the other bearing holder I needed for the F-15 as well as a
couple of 5/16" rod ends.  The funny thing about the rod ends - I was
looking around on McMaster-Carr to find them.  I needed some threaded for
5/16", but with a 1/4" hole on the end of it.  They didn't stock any, so I
printed a set for myself!

Here's a pic of them before removing them from the machine:
http://www.geneb.org/images/bearing-and-rod-ends-1.jpg
http://www.geneb.org/images/bearing-and-rod-ends-2.jpg

The rod ends are about 4" long.  Turned out PERFECT.

I'll take pics of everything set up in the F-15 when I get it done.  The
rod ends and brackets are for the new stick centering mech.  It's going to
work out really well!