[simpits-tech] visuals tile project

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 07:44:00 PDT 2013

I am testing tile scenery for the las Vegas desert area to help with the very outdated FS9 visuals. Stock FS9 desert looks horrible on my projectors.
I installed some tiles from http://www.blueskyscenery.com/NV.html and the detail is awesome. I placed my Nellis AFB scenery in the tiles scenery folder and its unbelievable how real Nellis looks! It was better than I had hoped.

 However.....

Despite 20 to 50 FPS the sim stutters horribly as it tries to load the Gigs of scenery. It cannot load the scenery fast enough. Flying over stock scenery my fame rate is slower but there is no stutter and it flys very smooth.

I think maybe its a harddrive access problem. As I recall my drive is an old 90 gig SATA.

Brad hawthorne and I have talked about the possibility of using a two SSD raid 0 harddrive configuration for the scenery files in an effort to speed up file access.

have any of you tried this?

Justin

http://www.simadventure.com/