[simpits-tech] Flying with PilotEdge

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 07:07:38 PDT 2013

Here is a video of an early test flight on the PilotEdge network. The flight is from Nellis AFB to the Desert MOA then the Nellis restricted target range. This flight is VFR with flight following requests to get in and out of the Nellis class B airspace. Communicating with ATC is a handfull while flying the F-4, I can see why that used to be the back seater's job.

This video also shows how rusty my radio skills are, I spend too much to time repairing sims rather than flying :)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Ive now flown the same flight enough that I can tell one of the Controllers has started anticipating my flight following request to the MOA. Im going to have to change my route to throw him off! :)

PE policy currently treats military bases as no tower airports with only approach and departure services in class B. If they were to get enough pilots to fly at a particular base they would probably start offering full services for the base.

Justin