[simpits-tech] started hacking 614L-8

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Jan 30 21:38:35 PST 2013

Interesting, I wondered how those analog dials on the old ADF heads worked. I happened to get a "digital" control head (it's still mechanical, but has discrete digits like my NAV/COM heads), so I am hoping I can hook mine up just like I've done with my other radios (nav1/navcom2, transponder). Only trouble is it's a Collins unit (I messed up), and it appears it will be a little more trouble to get info from them than from Gables (which makes all my other radios).

Heck, as good as I've gotten at breaking into these things, I may just pull out the multimeter and figure the pin-outs on my own. :)

Matt