[simpits-tech] Amazing Yak-130 model..

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Aug 8 07:29:51 PDT 2013

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013, Roy Coates wrote:

> On 7 August 2013 16:05, geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFMAbGqeJGg&feature=share
>>

> Oh that is very very nice indeed.
>
> Although I've never strayed into RC territory (other than for my
> off-the-shelf helo's) I have been tempted a few times to try a scratch
> build.
>
> Now that I've got pretty much free access to a range of 3D printers that'll
> do anything from plastics through Aluminium and Titanium - and even organic
> material if you want. The temptation is growing.

A friend of mine has written a Python tool that spits out wing designs
based on a few input parameters.  The resulting output can be sent
directly to a laser cutter.  I cut a set of test ribs out of scrap
cardboard and they turned out great.

3D printers could be really useful for things like cowls and fillet parts.