[simpits-tech] So I've got this huge thing in my garage now.....

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Aug 7 18:07:42 PDT 2013

So digital keystone correction would not allow me to maintain a
distortion-free image were I to mount the projectors above my
head....and mirrors would only be slightly better since the mirror
assemblies would have to be near my head as well (though they may still
be necessary in order to get three projector beams in almost the same
space).

Now there is an aspect of my screen that might come into play, I
wonder: I think I mentioned this just briefly earlier, but the screen
is not symmetrical about its Z axis. That is to say, if you look at the
screen from the side, you wouldn't see a symmetrical "C" shape. Rather,
there is a curve towards the top (as it sits now), which I assume is
because the Mylar screen in the big sim was not directly in front of
the BP, but below it a bit. I wonder if this shifts the plane of the
screen such that the projectors would have to be above the screen?

Of course, this is not a huge issue if I use it as a BP screen with a
Mylar mirror in front of the cockpit, since I can put the projectors
truly in line with the screen's plane.

Matt