[simpits-tech] "Big sim" visit, and 25 frames per second.............

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Aug 5 17:07:45 PDT 2013

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 07:56:43 -0700 (PDT)
geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Aug 2013, Matt Bailey wrote:
>
> > second, but the final piece of the graphics pipeline could be
> > looking at the most recent frames, and generating new frames based
> > on the trend of the past few frames. Could this explain it? It
> > doesn't seem likely, as the sim tech was quite insistent that 25fps
> > is about all a human could detect, and was all they were running.
> > Puzzling!
> >
> If you go to a movie in a theatre, you're seeing it projected at 24
> frames per second. :)
>
> g.

Yep, and I think movies are "glitchy". :) Actually, compare some of the
new HD broadcasts to traditional TV or film....I have had the
impression that the new stuff looks more like a home movie (which
typically run at higher FPS, I guess) because they are far
smoother/higher FPS than older formats.

Matt