[simpits-tech] A quick vid....

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Tue Oct 9 18:19:12 PDT 2012

Try X-Plane....I have 9.62 (not the latest, but still very good) on my sim, which is on about a 6 year old Core 2 Duo with 2g RAM and a 9800GT 1gb (ok the video card is not too bad even today), and I get excellent frame rates even with things like reflective water (which is GORGEOUS) and "puffy" clouds....the only thing that really kills it is big cities with the object density turned up. I got good feedback on the visuals from FS9 users at Cockpit Fest.

What are the specs on your system? At some point I will build a beast and run X-Plane 10 maxed out (I need at least 8 CPU cores somehow....).

Matt