[simpits-tech] Odd control issue with XP...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Nov 24 15:20:26 PST 2012

I'm spending some time tying up the lose ends on the 109F/X controls -
I haven't done much with it since I replaced the pots with my diy hall
effect sensors.

The silly things won't calibrate under Windows XP and my Plasma MM2.

I've tested the devices themselves and they range from 0..5V as you go
from one extreme to the other - it's about 180 degrees of usable range -
I'm only using about the middle 90 or so.  (45 each way)

When it calibration mode on XP, I view the raw data to watch for spikes.
I don't have a spiking issue, but it appears I've got weird WRAP issue.

With the hall effect sensor at a know position (centered @ 2.5V), the
joystick calibration window reads about 960 or so.  I would expect it to
read about 500-512.  When I move the control one direction, it quickly
hits 1023 and wraps back to zero.  It will do this at least twice if not
three times before I hit the end of the travel.  It does the same thing
going the other way.

Any suggestions or has my Plasma MM2 packed it in?

Thanks folks!