[simpits-tech] Gene - need some parts?

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Mar 5 16:44:44 PST 2012

---- Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Ido Dekkers wrote:
>
> > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Surplus-F-15-Jet-Cockpit-Fuselage-/180832352137?pt=Motors_Aviation_Parts_Gear&hash=item2a1a72b789&vxp=mtr#ht_600wt_1344
>
> HEhe.  Yeah, I was told about that the other day.  This is the second time
> it's been up.  The first time it didn't meet reserve after $3900 in bids.

I noticed that cockpit last time as well. I think they did pretty good to get a $3,900 bid for it, and I hadn't even noticed the panel damage you pointed out. People are a bit too proud of gutted airplane shells, methinks....there is a stripped CRJ fuselage someone wants $99k for, been up for ages.....granted it has the seats and yokes, but that's about it.

A hunk of aluminum just isn't worth much, even if it does happen to resemble an airplane, Even the salvage yard here locally only wanted $1,500 for an ENTIRE stripped Learjet fuselage....or I can go to Kansas and get just the nose section, including pretty much everything but instruments and radios, for $10k. AND it hasn't been sitting in the elements for who knows how long.

Matt