[simpits-tech] F-111 sims?

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 05:08:49 PDT 2012

>Thanks Justin! This is actually the sim I am planning on taking to Wichita in September....I'm really looking forward to it! My main concern is that it might look a bit >"ghetto" with the external shell not being done yet, but I may be able to get it enclosed in the next couple months.

>Funny you should mention Stewart Industries, one of the guys there actually walked into the computer shop recently where I work. I still have his card somewhere, I >should go get it and look them up again. How did you find them? I told the guy I had not heard of them, he said they sorta hide out up there. :) This particular individual >picked up a Boeing nose section in Hawaii and is building his own sim....but the builder in OKC is not me, I wonder who else around here is building a cockpit. I have not >purchased anything locally yet.

>Matt

It looks like we will need to place your sim indoors with the indoor exhibits. Im glad you are bringing a GA project, so far the rest are military.

My means invite the guy to cockpit-fest. Id be interested to hear about his project. I found Stewart because they specialize in DC-8 and other old jet parts. I got lucky they had the radome. The funny thing is, Ive been within a mile of their location with the B-52 sim and had no idea they were in the area. Been driving within 4 miles of the radome for 10 years. lol.

I think Chris still has three F-111 modules with the main one on display at the Frontiers of Flight Collection. Its not set up as a sim, its in original configuration and much of the gear powering up including the radar scope and the HUD. He is also bringing ejections seats and an F-16 cockpit to cockpit-fest. F-16 pic is here,  http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/dc8flightdeck/Cockpit-Fest%20USA%202012/F-16chris.jpg

Justin

http://www.simadventure.com/