[simpits-tech] Image warping (Was: Frustration!)

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Feb 23 17:33:17 PST 2012

---- Contrapezist <Contrapezist at sportogs.com> wrote:

> Myself I haven't had much luck getting information out of gables, over the
> years my requests for information have gone unanswered so I just gave up.
> Have some nice audio panels that will be quite an effort to reverse engineer
> that are just gathering dust.

Strange, I just emailed them and they asked things like my company name, FAA repair station number, address, etc.... :P I replied that I was just a lowly recreational user putting their gear into a home sim. The rep was very clear that they offered no support for the likes of me, but did attach the pinout for the control head in question. :)

> Glad the video helped shine some light on what's happening. The guy that
> made it is real oddball nut with a ridiculous bunch of crap and spends way
> too much time playing with "black boxes" rather than building usable sim
> stuff. I think I used errr he used 10K resistors and 28V no special reason
> it just happened to work.

I was excited to see a digital control head working, that would seem to indicate the actual interface to the radio itself is similar across manufacturers, that it is a standard? If so, that's awesome because I can write one program and use a lot of different types of heads if I want to. Thanks for passing it on!

Matt