[simpits-tech] Simple (?) electronics question - potentiometers

Contrapezist contrapezist at sportogs.com
Tue Feb 21 18:59:14 PST 2012

I don't speak up often but was going to chime in on this one. Closest to a
voltage control was my synchro tuned Collins ADF I was playing with over the
weekend.

I did a video on 2 out of 5 here http://youtu.be/4skhmZhXjjo strangely with
a gables control head.

Austin

  _____

Thanks!

Roy you are right that how a pot works but Mat is going down the wrong road.
1. Gables heads use ARINC410
2. They do not generate a voltage, frequency or anything else.
3. They are a 5 bit device not 8
4. They are LOW active.  I have not looked at yours but the resistors are
pull up.
5. to show you self whats going on get 5 leds and wire them to the channel
(one led per bit) the other end to power.  (check to see which way your led
goes and remember to use a 220 ohm resister in series with the led to limit
its current and not burn out)
6. Freq selector common to logic ground
7. now watch the leds as you rotate the knob..

also send me your pdf and I will look at it for you...
harrison at phoenixaerospace.us

Cris.