[simpits-tech] Image warping (Was: Frustration!)

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 22:20:24 PST 2012

---- Roberto Waltman <fsim at rwaltman.com> wrote:
> dabigboy at cox.net wrote:
> > ... Plan is to cannibalize an old broken radar display unit out of a real plane and use its buttons/knobs etc with a PS2 LCD inside it to render weather.
>
> I got a few used Mio Moov-200 GPS for simulated instruments.
> Squarish, blackish, they may look as aircraft instruments when squinting
> from a distance.
> No buttons, but they do have a touch screen.
> They run Windows CE 5 and can run programs from the built-in card reader
> instead of the GPS app.
> The CPU is a well documented Samsung S3C2443, so it may be possible to
> install a different OS if enough time and energy is wast^H^H^H^H spent
> on this.

Nice! It appears to be a little less than 3.5" and square, which is almost perfect for single glass instruments (HSI, attitude indicator, etc). I am reaching a point where I can make so many real gauges, I don't have room to fit my 15" monitor behind the instrument panel anymore. This might be a solution......I will still try to scrounge up an old radar though. I want it to look/be real...IOW, I want someone to be able to look right at the radar bezel and buttons, touch it and use it, and not be able to tell the difference between mine and a real one. :)

Matt