[simpits-tech] [x-plane-tech] Austin Meyers Patent Troll interveiw (fwd)

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Dec 22 10:35:33 PST 2012

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:

> Interesting! I read about this lawsuit on Austin's page a while back,
> and heard about Uniloc a while before that. Austin/Laminar Research is
> only one of several companies Uniloc is suing in a "shotgun" approach. I
> suppose they are throwing a bunch of things against the wall and hoping
> something will stick.
>
> Read their webpage: http://www.uniloc.com/
>
> The entire site reeks of patent-troll. While they bring up ONE instance
> of technology supposedly being licensed prior to someone else trying to
> use it (the Microsoft example, which is dubious since remote-activation
> was just getting started in the late 90's and everyone was trying it),
> even the front page makes it pretty obvious what their business is:

Well from my standpoint the patent isn't even valid.  NO patent on
software should have ever been allowed.  It's math fer chrissakes.

If it was up to me, patent trolls would be publicly executed by shoving
them feet first into an industrial chipper shredder.  Patent lawyers would
be requires by law to witness the execution live.

It would serve as a most excellent example to other potential patent
trolls.  Frankly I think that if you're not actively producing a product
based on a patent or have provable plans to do so, you shouldn't be
allowed to sue other people over it.