[simpits-tech] Now it's serious............

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Sun Apr 22 22:28:53 PDT 2012

Just linking to this since I already posted it to the ORG:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=50459&st=20

The cockpit is beginning to take shape! A bit meager compared to some of the magnificent artworks I've seen posted here over the years, but I suppose for an entry-level "carpenter" it isn't half bad. :) I'm trying to keep things simple and sturdy at this point. Not too worried about how it looks from the outside, I think with some strategic use of carpet, metal interior panels, and side upholstery, I can pull off a reasonably convincing interior with the basic 2x4 construction. Of course, also don't forget all the real radios and other goodies that will be packed into the 'pit!

Matt