[simpits-tech] Deedle Deedle Deedle...

Roberto Waltman fsim at rwaltman.com
Sun Apr 15 21:20:32 PDT 2012

Gene Buckle wrote:
> Sean Galbraith wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a sound effect, which is used in the A-4 for the
>> altitude alert, as well as the RWR.  It's a two-tone deedle deedle
>> deedle sound,
>> I have some HUD tapes which have the sound, but it's not clean enough to
>> rip it...  At the moment I'm using the "Altitude Altitude" warning from
>> Falcon 4 :-)
>>
> If it's good enough to get pretty close to the timing and frequency, you
> should be able to cobble it together from scratch pretty easily.

There are spectrum analysis packages for PCs that use the
sound "card" as the input device. You may be able to get all
the information you need from the tapes, and then synthesize
a clean signal as Gene suggests.

A few Google hits:

http://www.ymec.com/products/dssf3e/index.htm
(demo: http://www.ymec.com/hp/signal2/pwer.htm)