[simpits-tech] need displays...

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 22:54:04 PDT 2012

On 4/9/2012 8:26 PM, Gene Buckle wrote:
> This is a long shot, but can someone point me to a reasonably priced
> source for KW-104S 7 segment incandescent displays?  I need 8 of them and
> a decimal point display as well.
>
> tnx!
>
> g.

-Gene,
I have the following KW-104S, KW-104S-CL-TB, KW-104SDP-TB, KW-104S-AL I
use them in my NAV head
CP-1252/ASN-128 http://phoenixcomm.wordpress.com/projects/nav-cdu/  The
104 series runs on 4vdc and 15ma (max) any more and you pop them!! make
sure that when you drive them to use a current limiting resistor in each
segment.. also I was driving them with 74LS family  but I lost some of
them as TTL has a 5v rail.
  they have a .300" character height, x .155(7digit) .200(alpha)... You
used to be able to find them on ebay.. I was lucky and I scored 3 CDU's
the lamps are also called PinLite and they are manufactured by Wamco
Lighting 714-545-5560..

Basicly Gene they are harder to find then hens teeth..

Good Luck,
Cris H.
phoenixcomm.wordpress.com
phoenixaerospace.us