[simpits-tech] Common aviation gauges that are air-core?

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Apr 5 11:50:30 PDT 2012

---- Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> Very slick, thanks for sharing!

No problem, hope it's useful!

> You _really_ need to get a copy of Building Recreational Flight
> Simulators, Matt.  There's a section dedicated to doing this exact thing.

You know, I thought I had a copy around here, but it's actually his original book (building instrumentation). Sounds like a worthwhile investment.

Do you remember the guy a while back with the F-100 ejection seat/cockpit? (Real seat, homemade cockpit.) His first name was Matt, I forget his last name. He was one of my first inspirations for cockpit building back in the day. His cockpit was *amazing*. He had 400hz inverters and synchro controllers, the pit was CHOCKED FULL of real gear, like CDIs, attitude indicator, I think he even had an HSI working. I remember thinking he was miles beyond my capabilities and into things I would never be able to do, but as my skills and knowledge have increased, I can just begin to see a path to similar functionality on my own pit...........

Matt