[simpits-tech] Soldering how-to

Jim Sturcbecher jimsturs at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 10 15:48:28 PDT 2011

I agree on the tools, bits and angles comments, Chris.
The guys' technique does leave a bit to be desired. And
yes, I also cut my leads after soldering with good
quality angle nose cutters; but doing this will fail you
on getting "Space-Qualified-Soldering" Certification.

I posted this video link mostly as it gives a basic
understanding as to "why" you solder with flux-cored
solder and what cleaning and tinning is all about, etc.
Most of the rest comes with practice.

Main point is keeping everything clean and applying the
iron and solder to the right points in the right order
'at and for' the right time.

Jim.