[simpits-tech] Saitek yoke opinions?

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Sun Jul 31 23:53:40 PDT 2011

Hi all, well I have an interesting arrangement for the yoke on my sim, but it's a bit flimsy, and I don't have a handy way to provide any resistance. My problem is I have very little space to work with. Buying an off-the-shelf unit and adapting it to my fancy yoke grip seems the best method, but I don't want to shell out the big bux for a PFC unit.

I have a Saitek throttle quad, and while it's a far cry from a real unit, it beats out every other hobby-grade quad I've seen. I'm thinking of getting Saitek's matching yoke and replacing its yoke grip with mine. It has the steel shaft, actual bearings, etc. But I don't have any way to get my hands on one to try it out. Has anyone tried this model? How does it compare to, say, a basic PFC yoke? Is it notchy or plastic-feeling? Much flexing?

Matt