[simpits-tech] Leo's BU036 and encoders

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Sat Jul 30 17:07:31 PDT 2011

I know the flash BU036X is set up for encoders via the configuration
tool, but I understand the basic BU036 can talk to encoders as well.
Has anyone ever used them in this way, or do I need to buy the 'X'
version?  More bits for my "simple" project :-)

This "simple" sim is FS9 based, using stuff that I have kicking around
the workshop.  It is a half cockpit deal, captain side only, based
loosely on a corp jet/twin turboprop type using Saitek yoke and throttle
quadrant, OpenRJ for the glass, and the kicker; it all fits into a
cabinet so it can hide away :-)  My intention is to draw it all up,
publish the plans and a how to on my simpits blog..   This has all come
about because of a comment on a local FS forum, where someone stated
that building any sort of cockpit was far too expensive and took up too
much room for your "average" simmer to indulge in.  I took it as a
challenge and so here we are, off to slay the dragon armed with some
offcut mdf and old PC parts.... Should be a laugh!

SeanG