[simpits-tech] Gene is everywhere!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Jul 7 06:14:39 PDT 2011

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:

> Gene, I would almost swear you have found every aviation flight
> simulation, F-15, simulator hardware, and even commercial
> simulator/training forum known to the civilized world and gone there in
> your thirst for simulator knowledge! Tonight I was poking around the web
> looking for info on simulator technician jobs as a possible
> distant-future career path if I ever get tired of PC repair, and I found
> this neat little forum for professional sim techs. "Neat!", methinks,
> "mayhaps I shall post yon site to ye olde simpits list and we may all
> gather knowledge from the pros!" Not 5 minutes into my survey of the
> site, sure enough, I scroll down and see a topic started by a "geneb"
> regarding the Mylar used in the big sims. It was indeed our undaunted
> collimated-display-and-F-15-builder, stopping by the side of the road to
> knowledge for a chat with the guys who work on the big sims.

*looks up, whistles innocently*

I'm like a bad penny.  I turn up *everywhere*. :)

> This was after I stumbled upon a FighterOps forum post on my lunch break
> today while researching NThusim, where I encountered Gene discussing
> visual systems with the F-84 guy, the FO team, and some other

Heh.  The guys with real flight decks are pretty rare, but not nearly as
rare as the real fighter collectors.  I know of only 5, but there may be
others lurking out there.

> Gene, I'm getting the impression that no matter what avenue of the sim
> builders road I go down, your big F-15 lovin', ShopBot-pushin'
> footprints will be there, thoroughly imprinted in the dirt. :)

Well you figure I've been at this since about 1996 and I've run the
Simpits list since 2000. :)

by the clean end.