[simpits-tech] Gene is everywhere!

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Jul 6 23:55:54 PDT 2011

Gene, I would almost swear you have found every aviation flight simulation, F-15, simulator hardware, and even commercial simulator/training forum known to the civilized world and gone there in your thirst for simulator knowledge! Tonight I was poking around the web looking for info on simulator technician jobs as a possible distant-future career path if I ever get tired of PC repair, and I found this neat little forum for professional sim techs. "Neat!", methinks, "mayhaps I shall post yon site to ye olde simpits list and we may all gather knowledge from the pros!" Not 5 minutes into my survey of the site, sure enough, I scroll down and see a topic started by a "geneb" regarding the Mylar used in the big sims. It was indeed our undaunted collimated-display-and-F-15-builder, stopping by the side of the road to knowledge for a chat with the guys who work on the big sims.

This was after I stumbled upon a FighterOps forum post on my lunch break today while researching NThusim, where I encountered Gene discussing visual systems with the F-84 guy, the FO team, and some other folks...................

Gene, I'm getting the impression that no matter what avenue of the sim builders road I go down, your big F-15 lovin', ShopBot-pushin' footprints will be there, thoroughly imprinted in the dirt. :)

Matt