[simpits-tech] Looks cool

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Jan 28 18:28:29 PST 2011

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011, Stig Joergensen wrote:

> hi gang.
>
> The other day, a colleague of mine showed me this..
>
> And I think I would pass it on, as I think some of you might be interested..
>
> http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html
>
> but look at the other products as well...

It's nice for sure.  I'll stick to my new Arduino addiction. :D

> And gene..
>
> Could I get you to write a little tutorial about CNC... I mean, what is
> required? What tools to use? And CAD sw to choose... seems autodesk is very
> complex, are there simpler 3d tools out there?

Well the problem is that creating a 3D toolpath isn't a simple process.
The software that creates it can be pretty complex and VERY, VERY
expensive.  Go price MasterCAM or GibbsCAM some time.  Your head will
explode.  That's why I suggested Cut3D.  You can do four sided machining
and it won't break the bank.

For a good tutorial on CNC, try this:
http://www.cuttingedgecnc.com/cncmain.htm

There's also some other good tutorial sites out there.  Stuff that has
much better material than I can come up with on short notice.

> And on a separate note (last one, I promises)...
>
> do any of you, by any chance, have a 747 IPC (Illustrated parts catalogue),
> preferably for the 400 series, or perhaps even the new 8 series - but in
> general any model will do.. then please contact me off list thanks.

It might also be known as an Illustrated Parts Breakdown.

by the clean end.