[simpits-tech] My Latest Descent into Madness

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Feb 8 06:27:22 PST 2011

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, raysot at comcast.net wrote:

> I felt this project important enough to modifiy one of my breadboards.
> This is my FSUIP --> USP --> Arduino --> [Something hopefuly easy?] -->
> Aircore Motor (Whee!)
>
> As you can see from the pic, the distance between the Arduino and the
> Aircore motor is a painfully vast and unforgiving waste-land..... I've
> crossed greater distances through the eye of a needle, but none so
> unfamiliar.......
>

> http://anthonyscott.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v21/p920629136.jpg

Very nice Ray!  Shame about the breadboard though. :)

I would suggest you check out this thread:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1271537811

The guy is using an L293D chip to drive his air core motor with.  Note
that if you have a copy of either BSAI or BRFS, there are schematics in
both books for driving air cores with a micro controller.  Mike likes
PICs, but the connections are essentially identical for Atmel uCs.
(different pins)

by the clean end.