[simpits-tech] (no subject)

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Sun Nov 14 14:17:25 PST 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010, Rick Davis wrote:

> Google ads is like a cesspool ain't it? There was one awhile back about some
> gal who had discovered the secret to white teeth. The picture, and the name,
> was of a gal I know who lives only a few blocks from here. They quoted
> statements from several Dentists in the Town (who do not exist), and had her
> pegged as a single Mom with three kids. In actuality, she is a 29 year old
> Teacher, with no kids.

Google are rapidly becoming the dark side of the net. "Do No Evil" is
their motto, and yet they are exploiting every loophole they can to avoid
taxation - like they're short of a few quid - and are getting pretty
heavy-handed with anyone who stands in their way. Worrying.

How many years before Google buy Microsoft ?

> When I start seeing my own sorry face up there promoting erectile
> dysfunction or something, I'll know it's time to pitch the computers.

Hey, at least that'd be a believable ad!   ;-)

gd&r !!   (c)1998, Gene Buckle.

--

Roy Coates.