[simpits-tech] quadrant update...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri May 28 06:31:44 PDT 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010, Roy Coates wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2010, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>> I'd love to have the floor from a dinosaur cage. :)  Since each segment is
>> pretty light the 1/4-20 bolts should be just fine.
>
> Dinosaur cage?

I'm surprised you've never heard the term.  A Dinosaur Cage is what you
call the room where mini and mainframe computers live.  They have raised
floors that have nice, cool places to store beer, food and the bodies of
users that become too annoying to be allowed to continue processing
valueable oxygen. :D

>>> I wish I could remember half of what I've forgotten about electronics.
>>> There's so much I'd like to do with the stuff now.
>>>
>> Get an Arduino board.  They're fun to play with.
>
> dude... I've got so much on my plate right now I barely have time to wipe
> after I crap.

Well that's just a priorities problem. :)

>>> Can't wait to see the whole projection system set up. That is gonna be so
>>> impressive. what you need now is a carousel to load your cockpit of choice
>>> into the "arena"   ;-)
>>>
>> I'd need a building twice the size I have now to pull THAT particular
>> trick off. :)
>
> Got you thinking though hasn't it...   ;-)

Yes.  And that scares me.

>> I'm re-thinking (again) the projector support - originally I was going to
>> build a cantilevered platform that the 109F/X would actually sit on, but
>> due to clearance issues, I think I might be better served with some thing
>> different.  I think I'll end up with something that looks like this:
>
> And the ballast is.... an F15 cockpit!

Actually, no.  I'm going to use a thing called "tube sand".  It's
literally a 30" long tube of sand about 7" in diameter and they weigh
60lbs each.  They're double-bagged so you don't get sand everywhere.