[simpits-tech] quadrant update...

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu May 27 07:49:52 PDT 2010

>> The sad thing is that the TI was a pretty cool machine, except for the
>> stupid keyboard and the fact that TI pretty much locked out third party
>> developement.
>
> I seem to recall that the TI came along a bit too late too - the market
> was already full of spectrums, bbc's, dragons, commodores etc etc
>
> --

 I think that when IBM finally decided it was time to get in on the action,
TI abandoned the unit because they felt they were licked, or, they were paid
to abandon the unit. (I'm going with the latter) Of course, IBM had at it's
disposal a scatter gun, so the death of that and the Tandy line and the
Atari line and all of them were eliminated in one quick shot. Except Apple,
who gained their foothold by supplying the PET to all the schools.